pig vocalization, the deep short sound characteristic of a hog
Interjection, an expression of disdain, disbelief, protest, or dismissal; a huff, grunt, or snort. also: harumpf
1. strength, power (you need to put more oomph in your story) 2. sex appeal 3. a low pitched grunting or thudding sound (Oomph! grunted the boxer when punched in the gut).
to utter a shrill piercing cry. note: the vocalization of eagles is often called screaming, although according to this wikipedia article, Bald Eagles normally squeak and have a shrill cry, punctuated by grunts, and the scream that is found in films this is usually the call of a Red-tailed Hawk, dubbed into films for dramatic effect.
1. sound of coughing, 2. used to indicate the sound of a cough or grunt or to express disgust or horror
1. pig vocalization, also: oink, grunt 2. (human) exclamation expressing positive excitement.
the sound of someone muttering, grunting, in protest (Misoso: Once Upon a Time Tales from Africa, by Verna Aardema)
- Fewer searchterms (eg. cat will yield more results than cat sounds)
- Try synonyms (eg. if saber does not give you results, try sword, cutlass or blade)
- Truncate (eg. walk will give more results than walking because it returns everything that has walk in it including walked and walks)