1. chatter, prattle 2. to make an abrupt striking sound or series of sounds, such as footsteps 3. cry of a bird , especially fowl. see also: cackle, cluck 4. Sound of a late 19th century gun being closed after loading, according to a reply to a yahoo!Answers post about the sound of old guns
1. rapid succession of short sharp sounds, 2. an instrument that makes a rattling noise
The word 'rattlesnake' is the words 'rattle' and 'snake' joined together. rattlesnakes receive their name for the rattle located at the end of their tails. The word 'rattle' is likely of imitative origin.
- Fewer searchterms (eg. cat will yield more results than cat sounds)
- Try synonyms (eg. if saber does not give you results, try sword, cutlass or blade)
- Truncate (eg. walk will give more results than walking because it returns everything that has walk in it including walked and walks)